October 31, 2017, marks the 500th anniversary of the date Martin Luther posted his thoughts on the current state of the church on the Castle Church door in Wittenberg, Germany, and set off a series of events called the Protestant Reformation. Martin Luther was a key leader in this movement that continues to shape the church today. In 2017 Christians all over the world are commemorating the 500th anniversary of The Protestant Reformation. So far in 2017, we have commemorated this special year by:
- Focusing our Lenten Wednesday Worship on Luther's Small Catechism and offering a weekly video devotional (view them here)
- Martin Luther, disguised as "Knight George" visiting the kids at Vacation Bible School
- Sharing videos (below)
- Following Pastor Albertin's tour of "Luther Land" through his photos on our Facebook page
- Making a special worship banner (read about it here)
- Celebrating the Reformation with a joint Zionsville worship service
- Joining in Fellowship at LutherFest
In this series of short videos, Pastor Albertin addresses various themes of the Reformation, the theology of Martin Luther and how they speak to our lives today.
You can view all of the videos in the Reformation series on our Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/album/4533935.
Click here for more information on Luther.