Christ Lutheran Church is a member congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Zionsville community. Christ Lutheran Church confesses the Christian Faith as reflected in the creeds and confessions of the Lutheran Church. Read more here.
We provide a variety of worship styles, and a diversity of ministries, to serve all people, whatever their situation in life. We strive to be a place where you can receive the blessings of God in Jesus Christ! We invite you to consider making Christ Lutheran Church your church home.
Mr. Rogers once asked, "Won't you be my neighbor"? Jesus asked, “Who is your neighbor"? At Christ Lutheran Church (CLC) - Zionsville, our answer to Jesus’ question is EVERYONE, and to Mr. Rogers - YES.
God calls us to meet people wherever they are in their journey of faith – and that includes YOU!
At Christ Lutheran Church you are welcomed, just as you are:
- Single, committed, married, divorced, lost your partner, still looking or not.
- Every race, nationality, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- Ready to join a group or prefer to sit back
- Regardless of knowing a little or a lot about Jesus
- Whether you have left the Church and are returning
- Whether you find yourself on this list or not
We are calling YOU neighbor! Join us!
Our mission is to live as God's servants in the world as we proclaim, reflect, and celebrate the love and grace of Jesus Christ. With God's help:
- We will joyfully proclaim the Gospel.
- We will encourage one another.
- We will work together in confidence, bearing with each other and forgiving each other as the Lord forgives us.>
- We will serve the needs of others.
- We will grow as a community of caring Christians.
At Christ Lutheran Church we follow the liturgical calendar as a way to enrich our worship and our spiritual life together. In each season of the liturgical calendar, we focus on different aspects of Jesus' life and ministry. Moving from season to season, the liturgical calendar highlights themes that we might otherwise miss.
We decorate our sanctuary according to each liturgical season. Colors, symbols, banners, and art are like a Gospel for our eyes, in concert with the Gospel we hear with our ears. This multi-sensory approach to worship helps to center our thoughts and feelings as we give worship to God.
At Christ Lutheran Church, our worship celebrates the sacred story of God's mighty acts through history. This culminates in our salvation through the gift and sacrifice of Christ Jesus. During worship, we:
- Proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the reading of Scripture, singing of music, participation in the liturgy, lively preaching and celebration of the Sacraments (Baptism and Holy Communion).
- Employ a variety of worship styles and liturgies.
- Use the Common Lectionary and Seasons of the Church year to guide our worship.
- Involve all ages in the leading of worship under the direction of the Pastor.
- Value vocal and instrumental music in a variety of styles and forms suited to the message of the service.
Children In Our Worship
Children are important members of our congregation at Christ Lutheran Church. Children of any age are welcome in our congregational worship services. Yes, they giggle, they poke, they squirm and swing their legs, because they are children. Children gift us!
How can you help make worship more meaningful for children?
- When you arrive, review the bulletin for new parts, etc. Sit where children can see the action of the worship: front and center.
- Pray together, "Dear Jesus, help me listen. Help me sing. Help me pray. Amen."
- Encourage participation by learning the recurring parts of the liturgy (Hear our Prayer; Lord, have mercy; Apostles’ Creed; Lord’s Prayer, etc.).
- If your child is restless, you may use the rocking chair in the back of the sanctuary.
Services and Ministries
Christ Lutheran Church ministers to its members and friends, and supports local ministries, including Zionsville Area Ministerial Association (ZAMA), Zionsville Meadows, Lutheran Child and Family Services (LCFS), The Caring Center, Love, INC, Habitat for Humanity of Boone County, and Indiana Blood Center.