Day Two: God Gives the Commandments
Welcome to day two of Rainforest Explorers VBS! We're glad you're here. Use the outline below to guide you through the second lesson. Don't forget to send in a Flipgrid video of your child(ren) doing any of the activities!
Join us for a live opening through Zoom at 9 am (link is in your daily email)
God Gives the Commandments (Exodus 19:18–20; 20:1–21)
You shall be My treasured possession. Exodus 19:5
My loving God gives direction.
Snack: Commandments Crackers
Craft: Treasured in Jesus Velvet Art (included in VBS To Go)
Coloring Page: Ten Commandments Coloring Page (included in VBS To Go)
Materials: Included VBS To Go
How to play
- Each player will pick out the board that they want
- One person calls out the animal
- Players mark the animal on their board
- When you get three in a row yell “BINGO!”
Moses, May I?
Materials: Blindfold (can be played without a blindfold if one is not available)
How to Play
- One person plays moses and the others are the children of Israel
- To begin, Moses stands at one end of the room/yard, while everyone else lines up at the other end.
- The children take turns asking “Moses, may I __?. For example, “Moses, may I take five steps forward?”
- Moses replies, “Yes, you may, or “No, you may not do that, but you may ___ instead?, inserting a direction. Some options for Moses’ directions: Take __ steps backward, take ___ giant steps forward, take __ baby steps forward.
- The children move closer to Moses but are sometimes led farther away. Even if Moses makes an unfavorable suggestion, the children must still perform it.
- The first child to reach Moses wins. That child then becomes Moses and a new road begins.
- What are the commandments? Who wrote them?
- In the game, it was tempting to cheat because the leader was blindfolded. Why is it harder to make good choices when no one is watching us?
- Our wrong choices are sins. They turn us away from God. We can feel lost just like the children of Israel. How are we forgiven for our sins?